Thruout these notes three equivalent terms are used with different connotations:
Within a lattice all balls or spheres are the same size.
The unqualified term “neighbor” refers to a ball that touches the ball at the origin.
- Some standard radius sphere whose center is a lattice point.
- The interior of the sphere.
- Lattice point
- One of a set of isolated points regularly spread thru n dimensional (nD) Euclidean space.
Notation such as “(28, 016)” means the set of all 24D vectors with 8 twos and 16 zeros.
There are 24!/(8!16!) = 735471 of them.
Code fragments are mostly in the language Scheme and presume this framework.
- Original notes
- 3D packing and nD oblique coördinates
- Leech Lattice notes
- Computerization of other’s Leech discoveries
- Lumps: a Leech Landmark
- Simplexes scattered in the Leech Lattice
- Buggy notes
- which have errors intermixed with some possibly useful stuff